How to start an essay
It is always difficult to start anything and completing an essay is not an exception. That is why for most of the students writing an essay becomes a real challenge and they continue postponing it simply because they don’t know where to start.
Even if you have a topic and know what results you want to achieve, it may be difficult to understand how to start an essay and grab reader’s interest. Despite the fact that it is impossible to create standard guidelines for all sorts of essays, it is quite possible to follow a few tips and advices, which may greatly simplify your lives.
Here is what you need to consider:
- Create a strong first sentence. It doesn’t matter whether you are interested in your topic or not, as the key to success is whether your reader is able to be involved into the subject. That is why your first sentence should be catchy and arguable. Try to do your best to make it bright and interesting to make the reader want to continue. It can be statistics or outstanding facts, a catchy description and so on;
- Continue with hook sentences. If you don’t connect your first sentence with the rest of an essay, your reader will surely lose interest and you won’t be able to engage him. That is why you need to write a couple of sentences, which will link the first one with the rest of the paper;
- Explain the main idea of your essay. It is important to give the reader a clear explanation of what he is going to read about throughout your essay. He is going to spend his time on your work, so will want to know whether it is an interesting subject or not. Try to be clear and straight to the point, avoiding heavy language and complicated structures;
- Describe your essay’s structure. If your essay is not a simple description and engages a huge amount of information, it will be useful enough to write a sentence or two about the contents. In such a way, your reader will know what to expect and will be able to logically break the paper into different parts;
- Work on your thesis statement. Usually it is situated at the end of the first paragraph and aims to show what the main goal of your essay is. It helps the reader to understand your point of view and aspirations in a brief and simple way;
- Consider your writing skills. It is not only important what to write about but also how to write, so you should always consider your tone and make sure it is appropriate for the subject. For example, if you are describing your childhood, you shouldn’t be too brief and serious;
- Be simple. It is probably one of the main rules of essay writing and you should reread your first paragraph over and over again until you are sure that your language is simple and you have transmitted your thoughts, as briefly as possible, without missing key points and main goals.
Every essay is unique and it is difficult to offer a standard list of rules, which will help you to start a winning assignment. However, if you give yourself enough time and concentrate on the task, you will surely be able to understand the reader and give him everything he wants!
Get professional help right now
If you still don’t know how to start an essay and don’t have enough time to make your imagination work, we offer you a simple solution: contact our managers or complete the order form on our website and they will help with your essay in a blink of an eye.
You will have a chance to enjoy yourself, improve your grades and have more time for other assignments and personal matters. Our skilled managers and writers will complete every essay according to all the guidelines and your professor will never find out that it wasn’t you, who wrote it.
Don’t hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to make your student years carefree and fun!